1. SESSION FEE. Due in full at the time of booking in order to secure your date. Session fees must be paid no later than two weeks prior to your session or it is subject to cancellation. Reserved dates are subject to being moved if another client is interested in the date and pays for their session first. I try to make sure everyone gets their desired date, but paying for your session as soon as possible helps ensure that.
Payments are accepted via Google Wallet, PayPal or Ath Movil (Puerto Rico). Once the session fee is paid, no additional client can be booked for that time, as a result session fees are non-refundable. Session fees are valid for no more than 6 months after the date of purchase. Session fees that have not been redeemed after 6 months are no longer valid.
2. CANCELLATION. If you must cancel your session, please do so 48 hours prior. If you wish to reschedule, notify us during the same week or as soon as possible so we can reschedule your session to the next available date and provide this time for another client. *This is applicable only in the case of non-weather related, non-emergency postponements.
3. INCLEMENT WEATHER. We will simply reschedule your session to the next available date! A suitable indoor location can also be arranged.
4. TIME. Please arrive on time to your session dressed and ready to begin or according to the details discussed previously. There is a window of time allotted for your photo session that begins at your specified time so additional time for preparation will reduce the time we can spend taking photos. If you are more than 1 hour late, this will result in a $30.00 fee.
5. PHOTO SESSION. Cameras of any kind are not permitted at our photo sessions.
6. ATTENDANCE. Attendance at photo sessions is limited to those being photographed. No more than 1 additional person will be allowed at the photo session. Having additional people present can be distracting to both the photographer and to those being photographed.
7. PRODUCTS. Photos will be posted on an online gallery where the client can select their favorites, write suggestions, and download photos into other devices.
8. COPYRIGHT. All images provided by Carlos Javier, whether digital or print, may not be reproduced by any means. This includes screenshots of proofs. Doing so constitutes copyright infringement and is punishable by law.
9. NON-COMMERCIAL USE. Carlos Javier’s photos are strictly available for editorial purposes. Special contracts with professional photographers and/or model releases are required for any photo intended for commercial.
10. USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS. Never alter the content or meaning of a photograph. In order to protect the identity of vulnerable populations at risk of reprisal, violence, or rejection in their communities as a result of telling their story, it may be appropriate to leave out detailed information about the content of the photo. Due regard must be given to the individual rights and privacy of photo subjects, basic tenets of human dignity must be observed. In all photos and social media posts regarding my work my website and myself must be credited.